I am drowning in books here. Even with two houses (one with a library tower) and two storage lockers, I've run out of places to put all the various copies of all the various editions of all my various titles that have accumulated over the years... and new ones are arriving all the time, demanding shelf space. So between now and the end of the year, I am going to slash some prices and offer some specials on many of my older books, to make room for the new ones.
First up: my 1982 historical novel FEVRE DREAM. Vampires on the antebellum Mississippi. Huck Finn with fangs. A finalist for the World Fantasy Award (lost to Michael Shea's NIFFT THE LEAN).
I bought a large stock of the first edition hardcovers when Poseidon Press remaindered them back in 1984, and have been selling off signed copies ever since... but now, after all those decades, my stock is almost exhausted. Looking at my shelf, I count sixteen (16) remaining copies. These are the Poseidon Press trade hardcovers, first edition, first printing... but they are remainder stamped, and on fourteen of the sixteen, the dustjackets are in pretty bad shape, with rips, tears, fraying on the edges, chunks missing. Two of the sixteen have no dustcovers at all. On t'other hand, I will be glad to sign and inscribed the books, no extra charge.

I've been selling FEVRE DREAM at $29 on the Signed Books page. To move these out and clear a little shelf space, I'm going to cut the price to $22 apiece for the fourteen copies with the beat-up dustjackets, and to $17 for the two copies with no dustjacket at all. Those prices include book rate/ media mail shipping within the US. Priority mail and overseas shipping will be extra; inquire of my assistant Ty at grrmbooks@gmail.com for a quote on that. (Depends on where you live).
Elsewise, it's first come, first served, so long as the supply last. Send your orders via PayPal to direwolf@georgerrmartin.com
Some of the dustjackets are in worse shape than others. (Though all of them have defects). The earliest orders will get the best copies, the later orders the ones that are more messed up).
(And if FEVRE DREAM isn't your cup of brew, or you already own a copy, check out the Signed Books page on my website for a list of my other available titles. Please note: I am NOT selling any of the Ice & Fire books, all of which are available easily at any bookstore. I only sell the older, out of print books and editions).
Thanks.
First up: my 1982 historical novel FEVRE DREAM. Vampires on the antebellum Mississippi. Huck Finn with fangs. A finalist for the World Fantasy Award (lost to Michael Shea's NIFFT THE LEAN).
I bought a large stock of the first edition hardcovers when Poseidon Press remaindered them back in 1984, and have been selling off signed copies ever since... but now, after all those decades, my stock is almost exhausted. Looking at my shelf, I count sixteen (16) remaining copies. These are the Poseidon Press trade hardcovers, first edition, first printing... but they are remainder stamped, and on fourteen of the sixteen, the dustjackets are in pretty bad shape, with rips, tears, fraying on the edges, chunks missing. Two of the sixteen have no dustcovers at all. On t'other hand, I will be glad to sign and inscribed the books, no extra charge.
I've been selling FEVRE DREAM at $29 on the Signed Books page. To move these out and clear a little shelf space, I'm going to cut the price to $22 apiece for the fourteen copies with the beat-up dustjackets, and to $17 for the two copies with no dustjacket at all. Those prices include book rate/ media mail shipping within the US. Priority mail and overseas shipping will be extra; inquire of my assistant Ty at grrmbooks@gmail.com for a quote on that. (Depends on where you live).
Elsewise, it's first come, first served, so long as the supply last. Send your orders via PayPal to direwolf@georgerrmartin.com
Some of the dustjackets are in worse shape than others. (Though all of them have defects). The earliest orders will get the best copies, the later orders the ones that are more messed up).
(And if FEVRE DREAM isn't your cup of brew, or you already own a copy, check out the Signed Books page on my website for a list of my other available titles. Please note: I am NOT selling any of the Ice & Fire books, all of which are available easily at any bookstore. I only sell the older, out of print books and editions).
Thanks.
so if you are looking for cheaper copies of this out of print book, go order it
No comments:
Post a Comment