31 July 2013

google reader replacement

just my luck...the google reader replacement that i chose is shutting down...it looks like they couldn't scale fast enough to handle the additional users and their servers crashed last week...

http://www.theverge.com/2013/7/29/4569836/the-old-reader-closes-registration-after-months-of-hell

now i have to find another one that does not require signing in with a google account

4 comments:

  1. It's possible I don't know what I'm talking about. :) But could you just export all the blogs you follow via Google Takeout and then import it into whatever reader you choose? That way you don't need to sign in using Google? I could have sworn that was an option for Feedly & maybe Bloglovin. I ended up swapping to Bloglovin (even though I hate the name, lol).

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think feedly requires using your google account...i did not know about bloglovin, but i'll give it a try...aol reader is pretty similar to google reader, but they don't have a mobile app yet

    ReplyDelete
  3. tried blogloving, but the mobile app is buggy and and a bit slow...also no option to mark as read when scrolling...if they can refine the app a little more, then it might be decent

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I don't love Bloglovin and I initially hated the same feature that it doesn't mark as read as you scroll down. But I just started scrolling through, reading what I want and then marking all as read when I'm done. Still annoying but oh well. I'm still upset with Google for taking away reader. GRRRR.

    ReplyDelete